Monday, October 27, 2008

Changing Weather

Autumn is by far my favorite season with the leaves falling and the cool air. The weather is so comforable and the surroundings seem so calm. This fall is flying by though. The weather is changing way too quickly!! They are already calling for snow tonight and tomorrow. I mean, I love skiing and snowboarding but I am not ready for the winter cold just yet.

I can't even imagine what driving is going to be like tomorrow morning. This morning--just in the rain--the road was full of crazy, confused drivers. I had to take the service drive all the way to school. Adding snow into the mix is definitely going to make the commute a lot worse tomorrow.

Michigan weather has always been so crazy, though. I remember a few years ago I was running a tennis tournament and we experienced all four seasons in one day. When I woke up it was pouring rain, but it stopped by the time I finished getting ready. I arrived at the high school around 6:30 to start roll drying the courts and as the morning progressed it seem to be getting colder and colder. The teams arrived and I had some of the players out drying the courts when it started snowing so I had to move everyone to racquet clubs. By the time the first matches were sent out, the snow stopped; the sun was up; and it wasn't all that cold out. After the first round, I sent the teams back outside and by the end of the day it was about 80 degrees!!

No comments: