Tuesday, September 23, 2008

America's Got Talent

Some of my coworkers watch the show, America's Got Talent, and always discuss it at work. I have never seen the show, but I guess this season featured a four-year-old girl whose talent is singing. My coworkers showed me a video recapping her performances and she really is an adorable little girl. She made it all the way to the top ten where she was eliminated. I really think it's horrible that her parents put her in the public eye at such a young age. In the video, she looked terrified every time she walked on the stage to perform, and she looked even more scared when the judges came down on her. I don't feel that it was right of her parents to put her in such a pressured situation. I wonder if she really understood everything that was going on and how being eliminated has affected her. I mean adults are crushed when they are sent home in a reality show, I can't even imagine the effects it had on her. It really is a shame to put a little girl through all of that.

Here's a link to a video recap of her on the show if you guys want to check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUQzjCCabcI

2 comments:

Huda Alnasir said...

I actually watched the episode where the judge was really mean to the girl, and it's really pathetic. Some 40 yr old adult is bringing down a preschooler on national tv...

Her parents are something else.

Jordan said...

oh boy lol. my mom watches that show and because that girl was on it ill never watch it again..ok I see how people think she's adorable and cute but for that serious of a competition she should never have made it that far..i wouldve sent her home haha