Monday, September 8, 2008

My First Week of College

I didn't feel like a freshman on campus the first day of classes because I have been working on campus since May. On the first day, I noticed that my peers were very quiet. It was different a whole different atmosphere from what I was used to on campus because I normally spend all my time in the University Center where it's very hard to find a quiet spot. I spent a total of 12 hours on campus the first day between classes and work. I was a bit skeptical on staying the whole time, but it turned out to be really fun and I met a lot of people.
I do not have class or work on Thursdays so I spent the day doing homework. I didn't have that many assignments at all so I finished everything in a few hours.
I had two classes and work on Friday with really long breaks. After my last class of the day and before work, I went out to eat with some friends I met on campus. I came back to work from 6 to 10 at night. Only one event was going on and not many people were here. It was a great opportunity to finish some homework but I really don't like working Friday nights.
Overall, the first week of college was amazing. Dearborn doesn't feel like a commuter campus at all.

No comments: